COLUMBUS, Ohio (WTRF) – A recent report shows over an 11-year period, suicide rates have increased by 45 percent among all Ohioans and 56 percent among people ages 10-24.
Despite the larger increase in suicide rates among young people, adults between 45 and 64 years of age had the highest rate of suicide.
Men ages 55-64 had the largest number.
Officials with the Ohio Department of Health calls it “a growing public health epidemic.”
D.K. Wright will bring you the full story on WTRF at 6 p.m.
- Newsfeed Now: Police reform debate heads to Senate, kidnapped Louisiana boys found in Florida
- West Virginia Can Now Have 100 % Capacity At Restaurants And Bars
- 5 People Arrested In Belmont County Drug Bust
- WATCH LIVE Coronavirus In West Virginia: Gov. Justice holds a 11:00 AM press briefing on COVID-19 coronavirus update
- Ohio man arrested on numerous child rape charges