COLUMBUS, Ohio (WTRF) – Democratic Senator Sherrod Brown continues to fight for protections of coal miners, retirees, and their widows in the Buckeye State.
This follows mounting concern over coal miners pensions after coal giant, Murray Energy, announced its bankruptcy filings late last month.
Sen. Brown says he’s working on a bipartisan agreement in Congress to ensure pensions will be paid.
He wants a solution before the new year.
It’s not a partisan issue. It’s for union miners who did nothing wrong. Their pensions are at-risk. Congress has got to fix this and we got to do it before the end of the year.Sen. Sherrod Brown, OH (D)
Officials said Congress may vote on this before Christmas.
- President-elect Biden urges congress, Trump to pass COVID-19 relief, saying ‘Americans need help and they need it now’
- Pres. Trump asks Georgia governor for help overturning Biden’s election victory in the state
- Rachel’s on 16th will offer free holiday meals on Christmas Eve
- LIVE GAME LOG: West Virginia (5-3, 4-3 Big 12) at No. 9 Iowa State (7-2, 7-1 Big 12)
- West Virginia hopes for better result in second meeting with Iowa State under Neal Brown