MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (WTRF) — High school students gathered at West Virginia University Tuesday for a statewide summit.
Hosted by the West Virginia Secondary Schools Activities Commission and MVB Bank, students across the Mountain State learned how to be ‘game changers’ in the opioid epidemic.
Speakers at the summit included former NBA player, Chris Herren.
I looked around and watched the kids enjoying the presentations, and they were completely focused in. And for high school kids to sit still for that long — for two hours, and be educated and entertained — I think is a tribute to the speakers.Joe Boczek
Another summit is scheduled to be held Wednesday at the Cam Henderson center at Marshall University.
- Glen Dale watches from home as 4th of July Parade rides on
- Pop-up concert fills bouncy-house void at Dimmeydale’s 82nd Annual 4th of July Celebration
- Protesters crash Trump boat rally in Pittsburgh
- Hot dog champs repeat as July 4 gluttony fest moves indoors
- Neil Young ‘not okay’ with Trump playing music at Mount Rushmore event