MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (WTRF) — High school students gathered at West Virginia University Tuesday for a statewide summit.
Hosted by the West Virginia Secondary Schools Activities Commission and MVB Bank, students across the Mountain State learned how to be ‘game changers’ in the opioid epidemic.
Speakers at the summit included former NBA player, Chris Herren.
I looked around and watched the kids enjoying the presentations, and they were completely focused in. And for high school kids to sit still for that long — for two hours, and be educated and entertained — I think is a tribute to the speakers.Joe Boczek
Another summit is scheduled to be held Wednesday at the Cam Henderson center at Marshall University.
- Trump administration rolls out plan to prevent suicide among veterans
- St. Louis Blues celebrate Stanley Cup win at White House
- Residents, officials discuss Edison emergency levy
- Study: Democrats, Republicans have spent millions on impeachment ads
- Wheeling Park’s Alex Dunlevy; Robinson Auto Group Athlete Of The Week