Bibliophiles, prepare to read.
Sunday is National Book Lovers’ Day.
Experts say the first books used parchment or calf skin for pages, and their covers were made of wood or leather with clasps attached to keep them closed.
Modern books have come a long way, with many now available in digital formats.
- Body with gunshot wound found ‘dumped’ off road in Hancock County
- Masks making life difficult for diagnosing children with autism, says director
- Alexa’s Evening Weather Forecast
- 6th Annual West Virginia Day of Hope all online; offering resources for people battling drug addiction
- Spinal cord injury survivor shares her story, brings awareness to Marshall County