HOCKING COUNTY, OH (WCMH) — Two teens facing murder and other charges in connection with the death of a photographer in Hocking Hills are scheduled to be in court Friday.
Jaden Churchheus, 16, and Jordan Buckley, 16, were indicted Tuesday.
Churchheus and Buckley have been charged with murder, aggravated murder, and reckless homicide in the death of Victoria Schafer.
Schafer, 44, was struck and killed by a tree while she was near Old Man’s Cave in Hocking Hills on Sept. 2.
According to ODNR, investigators found evidence that suggested the falling section of tree was not a natural occurrence.
In early October, the two teens were arrested.
Last week during a preliminary hearing, the two suspects were bound over from juvenile court and will be tried as adults.
If convicted, the teens could face life in prison.
- Glen Dale watches from home as 4th of July Parade rides on
- Pop-up concert fills bouncy-house void at Dimmeydale’s 82nd Annual 4th of July Celebration
- Protesters crash Trump boat rally in Pittsburgh
- Hot dog champs repeat as July 4 gluttony fest moves indoors
- Neil Young ‘not okay’ with Trump playing music at Mount Rushmore event