CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WTRF) — West Virginia continues to take the necessary steps in making medical marijuana available to the public.
Element Federal Credit Union was announced as the financial institution selected to handle the state’s medical cannabis banking needs.
The credit union was selected out of four bidders for the Mountain State’s business.
Next up for the state is to start accepting bids from potential marijuana growers, processors and dispensary owners.
Nevertheless, the goal remains 2020.
I’ve got confidence that the state is going to do everything that they can, to move this as fast as possible. And I think you’ll be able to buy medical cannabis in the calendar year 2020.Michael Haid, prospective medical cannabis bidder
We really need to pick up the pace. Unfortunately there are a lot of sick and suffering people out here, that could benefit from medical cannabis.Del. Mike Pushkin, (D) Kanawha
The three financial institutions who lost out on the bidding will have one week to file a protest or appeal the decision.
- Two local men indicted for manslaughter
- Put your budget on a diet this coming New Year
- Beet juice hitting the streets this winter in Jefferson County
- Local Ohio marijuana dispensary owner talks about Issue 2 going into effect
- Senator Brian Chavez Sworn into the Ohio Senate following Hoagland’s retirement