UPDATE- After a press release sent out by WVDOH officials around 11 am, 7News went to the The Wheeling Suspension Bridge and discovered it was still closed.
7News is working to get clarification from transportation if the bridge will be open.
Ohio County, WV – The West Virginia Division of Highways announces that as of Tuesday, August 13, 2019, the Wheeling Suspension Bridge is open to traffic.
Motorists are advised that the vertical clearances at the entrance portals are now 7’-6” and controlled by hard constraints.
Motorists are to obey the 2-ton (4,000 lbs.) bridge posting and to maintain a 50’ minimum distance between vehicles.
- ‘Back the Blue’ rally takes place in southern WVa; counter-protesters rally
- Virus spread, not politics should guide schools, doctors say
- 14-year-old girl reported missing in Jefferson County
- Tucker Carlson writer resigns after racist posts revealed
- Police execute search warrant at home of gun-toting couple