A magnitude 2.2 earthquake hit just southwest of Washington, Pennsylvania early Tuesday morning, the United States Geological Survey said.
The earthquake happened around 2:58 a.m., according to the USGS.
Another earthquake was reported near Madison, Ohio that was a magnitude of 2.6.
A 2.2 earthquake is not strong enough to be felt “except by a very few under especially favorable conditions,” according to the Modified Mercalli intensity scale.
- Clouds remain with scattered showers
- Alexa’s Late Night Weather Update
- Governor, ACLU at odds over COVID-19 precautions
- Morrisey launches W.Va. Coronavirus Fraud Task Force
- Local nonprofit assisting elderly with essential needs