WEST VIRGINIA- The sales tax holiday in West Virginia will be from Friday, August 5 – Monday, August 8.
To learn more about what can and cannot be purchased tax-free during this time period and for additional information about the Sales Tax Holiday, click here
The average customer will save at least 6% on every qualified purchase and up to 7% if they purchase the item in a municipality that has imposed a local sales tax.
During the holiday, the following items are exempt from Sales and Use tax:
- Certain clothing with a purchase price of $125 or less
- Certain school supplies with a purchase price of $50 or less
- Certain school instruction material with a purchase price of $20 or less
- Certain laptop and tablet computers with a purchase price of $500 or less
- Certain sports equipment with a purchase price of $150 or less
Items purchased for use in a trade or business are not exempt under the sales tax holiday.