WETZEL COUNTY, W.Va. (WTRF) – Sources told 7News a large party in New Martinsville, with between 70 to 100 kids and young adults in attendance, is coming back with positive COVID-19 cases.
The sources also told 7News the party occurred on June 27.
The Wetzel/Tyler County Health Department reported 16 people from Wetzel County have tested positive for COVID-19 and five people have tested positive from this party from Tyler County.
Officials said they expect more positive cases.
The health department has been in the process of contact tracing and testing from the party.
They also wanted to note that many of the individuals are asymptomatic
The health department also told 7News that COVID-19 is starting to branch out to industries and nursing homes.
People are asked to wear a mask if out in public or in social gatherings.
Those at the party are urged to go to the free COVID-19 testing sites in Marshall County.
A free testing site is being hosted at the McMechen city building Friday July 10 and also Saturday July 11 at the Marshall County Health Department from 9am-4pm.
Extracurricular activities have been shut down for two weeks in both Wetzel and Tyler counties.
**This is a developing story, stick with 7News for updates**
- A good start to the day but a building threat for P.M. showers and storms
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Late Night Forecast
- Environmental Experts Raise Concerns Over Proposed Mountaineer NGL storage project
- Family now seeks justice after Wilson boy killed, man captured
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals