NEW MARTINSVILLE, W.Va. (WTRF) Hero is a word that is often overused, but there are a few exceptional individuals among us who do extraordinary things for others that prove real heroes truly do exist.
Sergeant Don Larsen, Jr. of the New Martinsville Police Department meets the definition of a true hero.
On the morning of August 30, the police department received a call that there was a house fire in the city. Sergeant Larsen was the first person on the scene and was able to evacuate the family, which comprised two adults and three children, to safety.
Sergeant Larsen then returned to the scene and worked to try to put the fire out himself until the New Martinsville Fire Department arrived.
Sergeant Larsen was commended by the city of New Martinsville and previously by the West Virginia House of Delegates for other heroic work.
- LIVE: Jury reaches verdict in Derek Chauvin trial
- AAA says drivers who use both alcohol & marijuana are “double trouble” on the roads
- McMechen VFD Presenting Mountani Semper Liberi Fundraiser For Ohio Valley Flight Nurse
- Ohio University Graduate Dies Trying To Save 2 Kids From Rip Current
- Woman suffered seizures, blood clots requiring 3 brain surgeries after Johnson & Johnson vaccine: family