A number of employees from the New Martinsville Center Nursing Home held an informational picket yesterday afternoon.
They say they wanted to make the community aware of staffing issues at the facility. The one hundred bed nursing home provides both short term and long term care to it’s residents.
The facility is owned by Genesis Health Care, who owns over three hundred long term care facilities.
Employees say short staffing has been an issue for quite some time.
That’s what it’s all about to tell Genesis to step up there game and get some staff in here to help residents and give people some relief for their vacations.Carol Walters
Deputy Director, SEIO
The employees say they held held the picket this afternoon to tie in with the National Day of Action Events being held across the country.
- Warwood Blessings Box offers small items that mean big things to those in need
- Dr. Dave Walker’s Evening Forecast
- Man convicted of sex crimes walks free in Marshall County after judge catches ‘fatal flaws’ in grand jury transcript
- Mountaineer Round-up: Goetz gets WVU golf a big win at home
- Breezy with showers Thursday